Wasatch Electric provided electrical and power distribution solutions for this one-million-square-foot luxury resort located 8,400 feet above sea level in the Rocky Mountains.
Our team overcame a number of obstacles specific to working on a project of this size in such a demanding environment, including limited material staging areas, difficulties transporting materials and labor power, extreme winter weather and record-setting storms, and even the discovery of an abandoned cache of dynamite left over from the region’s mining boom.
Along with these challenges, the mountain-side setting also resulted in an unorthodox building shape. To accommodate, design was a “moving target” during the project that combined the latest technology with classic methods. Limited space for mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems required close coordination across trades as well as extensive 3D modeling from our team. The custom lighting system featured throughout the resort speaks to our creativity on this front.
Additionally, any scheduling delays due to the project’s challenging design or location we helped offset by increasing resources whenever necessary. Ultimately, we were able to overcome all of these obstacles and successfully complete the resort on time and within budget.
The client needed an electrical contractor with the capabilities, expertise, and dedication necessary to complete a major new construction project in an extreme mountain environment.
Wasatch Electric’s scope included interior and exterior electrical systems, fire safety controls, and an extensive power distribution system.
During the project we provided:
- Power distribution divided between commercial systems with remote panels and residential-type systems with in-unit panels
- 1,400-kilowatt emergency generator and uninterruptible power supply
- Interior and exterior electrical rough and trim
- Lutron lighting and dimming system
- Telephone and data backbone cabling and conduit
- Rough-in and coordination with security and access systems
- Design-build fire alarm and smoke control system
- Close coordination with local utilities to ensure infrastructure to support 12,000-amp electrical service
Montage Resort is a high-end, luxury resort nestled in a canyon five miles above the mountain community of Park City, UT. The resort features hotel accommodations, condominiums, and residences for ownership, as well as an array of amenities, including a spa, a salon, multiple dining areas and restaurants, ballrooms, a retail shop, ski accommodations, entertainment facilities, and more.